Friday, October 9, 2009

Regina Spektor's Goals (as a human person)

This Regina Spektor interview that Naomi did made me love Regina all the more.
I was especially inspired by her response when Naomi asked about her goals outside of performing and song writing. It's so beautifully worded. I strive to live my life this way as well.

REGINA: Like, as a human person? Goals? Oh, a lot.

I guess just all the things that everybody wants:

To feel like they’re actually doing something and not just reenacting the same thing over and over, and not getting stuck.

Just opening your mind and seeing more of the world and trying to understand how people live and what they think.

All that stuff that will sound really fluffy and disgusting if you write it down. Just be part of the world. Really really live. You know?

One of my big goals is to just not do things out of fear but [to] be really open, which is hard I think. It’s a full time job for people to stay really open. It’s like a second job.

But also - I don’t think it’s good to just do one thing. I don’t think if you’re a musician you should not just be immersed in music. I think it’s really important that if you’re a musician [to] try writing a play or something. Things need to complete other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment