Friday, September 11, 2009

Ah, Fall.

Fall in the south is a big deal. A big, big deal. Ask any Charlestonian about the month of August and they will describe what sounds like the inside of the devil's mouth: hot, muggy, oppressive...But for some reason all of that seems to change on September 1st. It's like everybody's cried uncle and the south decides it's time to make us love it again.

I was thrilled to spot the first colorful fall leaves on the ground outside my parents' house. For me, fall smells like those leaves. It feels fresh like the start of a new school year and just-purchased blank notebooks waiting to be filled. There's some sort of excitement in the crisp air that takes me right back to high school football games in the mid-west. This fall is going to be great. I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment