Monday, September 14, 2009

The Old South

Busy, busy weekend (bursting at the seams in a good way). My brother and I made the tour from Charleston to Camden to Columbia and back on Sunday to visit our amazing grandparents.

Sunday was a gorgeous day and we did our driving with windows down. We took the backroads to Camden to soak in the rural scenery, and passed through field after field of cotton ready to be picked. Stopping for a picture I was blown away by how quiet it was out in the middle of those cotton fields, and how rarely I experience true silence.

Every time I visit I learn something new about my grandparents that makes me love them even more. The stories that they tell are priceless--about their childhoods, my parents' childhoods, our grandparents who are no longer with us, the glory days, the hard times...it was so tough to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment