Friday, September 4, 2009

Raindrops. Por fin.

 

 

We don't get much of what I'd consider weather out here in Phoenix. Either the sun is shining or the moon is out. Rarely are there clouds, thunderstorms are even more rare. But. When there is weather in the desert, it's extreme. Before moving to Phoenix I had never heard of their summer monsoon season. Monsoons, really? But it seems so dry...

Living in the southeast, I was deep in my element--namely the humidity. I am one of the few people crazy enough to love it. It makes my hair feel better, and my skin, too. When I step off of a plane and it wraps its warm damp arms around me, I know I'm home. This is why when weather finally does roll into Phoenix, I am standing out in the middle of it like a wild woman, drinking it in.

There were big clouds on the horizon yesterday evening around sundown, which made for a colorful sunset. This was followed by a delicious downpour. I kept my feet in a puddle for as long as I could, grinning ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment